ADEPT consists of a number of subject and sub-national boards that reflect ADEPT’s remit. The diagram here illustrates the Association’s structure for 2016/17 (updated January 2017).
The Leadership Team is the executive body for ADEPT. It:
- ensures the effective running of the Association
- takes an overview of its affairs
- determines policies.
Presidency of ADEPT
In June 2017 Simon Neilson became the new ADEPT President, taking over from Rupert Clubb, East Sussex County Council.
Simon has been the Executive Director - Economy & Environment at Walsall Council since 2013. Before joining Walsall Council, Simon was previously Assistant Director: Place at Essex County Council, with lead responsibility for the South East LEP and the Whole Essex Community Budget pilot (Economic Opportunity).
Simon's priorities for his year as President include:
- Building alliances - improve / amplify ADEPT's voice, be tactical and run campaigns ADEPT will be recognised for and celebrate success of ADEPT and its members
- To drive / develop the role of Place Directors
- Engagement - are ADEPT truly representing the membership? how can we engage better?
Subject boards and sub-national groups
Click here to find out more about each of the subject boards and sub-national groups.
Governance and constitution
Click here to see our Governance Framework.
Click here to see ADEPT’s constitution.