ADEPT has been working with the Hemming Group on the programme for Traffex 2017. Traffex 2017 Director Briefings will bring together Directors, Senior Portfolio Officers and Heads of Highways and Transport along with other key industry stakeholders, organisations and member associations, offering a major platform for discussion and debate on how the industry addresses forthcoming challenges across the road, traffic and transport sectors. ADEPT President Rupert Clubb is speaking on 4th April (The Industrial Strategy briefing).
To reserve your FREE place, please contact Traffex Content Director Adrian Tatum on: email@example.com or call 01935 374013.
Briefing 1: 11:30am-1pm, 4th April. Piazza Suite 6, Hall 5, the NEC, Birmingham
The Industrial Strategy A best practice and knowledge based session designed for directors to debate and discuss the impact and opportunity that the new Industrial Strategy will have on local government environment, place and highway and transport departments and the communities they operate in. Help shape your response to the Industrial Strategy and be part of a discussion that will help shape its future direction as well as the direction of the new Housing White Paper. A briefing from industry experts and then a debate and discussion to cover issues including:
- The Industrial Strategy: what are the challenges and opportunities for local government?
- What more do we need to understand about the strategy?
- How do we effectively collaborate as an industry sector to tackle the challenges brought about by the strategy?
Briefing 2: 1:30pm-3pm, 4th April. Piazza Suite 6, Hall 5, the NEC, Birmingham
Better contracting and procurement A best practice and knowledge based session designed for directors to debate and discuss new approaches and thinking going towards a more effective and efficient way of delivering better contracting and procurement in the highways and transport sector. A briefing from industry experts and then a debate and discussion to cover issues including:
- What are the main challenges relating to contracting in the highways and transport sector?
- Successful contracts-what we can learn from them?
- Why do contracts go wrong and what needs to be implemented to limit this happening in the future?
Briefing 1: 11:30am-1pm, 6th April. Piazza Suite 6, Hall 5, the NEC, Birmingham
The future of devolution A best practice and knowledge based session designed for directors to debate and discuss the process of devolution in the UK and the importance of delivery regional and successful integrated transport as an important part of that. A briefing from industry experts and then a debate and discussion to cover issues including:
- To what extent will the mayoral elections be the catalyst for more progress with devolution?
- The potential for transport under sub national structures and devolution deals
- The differences between sub-national transport bodies and devolution deals and the benefits and challenges relating to both.