Why should you join ADEPT?
By joining ADEPT you will be part of a forward looking, influential organisation with a strong national profile. We are already making an enormous impact.
We represent Place Directors in all top tier authorities and we occupy a privileged position at the at the crucial interface between Local Authority, Local Enterprise Partnerships and Government.
If you want to help influence and shape national government policy and initiatives then JOIN US TODAY.
As you can see from the attached map and list of authority members, and this map of LEP members, we have a strong national profile but we need to grow our membership to increase our influence and to achieve our vision to 2030.
Benefits of ADEPT Membership
Membership to ADEPT offers numerous benefits to you and your organisation.
- a voice in shaping government policy and initiatives
- a forum for networking and the exchange of ideas
- support for lobbying and influencing Government
- an opportunity to gain access to best practice
- online resources.
Who can join?
The following people are eligible for membership:
- Local authority directors with strategic service responsibilities for planning, transportation, environment, waste management and economic development throughout England.
- Chief officers with strategic service responsibilities for planning, transportation, environment, waste management and economic development throughout England.
- LEP chief executives
- Former local authority directors who have now retired but still want to be involved with ADEPT
- Former ADEPT members who now work within the private sector or outside of local government in the public sector
Fees and savings
Membership Costs - 2017/18
There are four types of membership:
- Local authority membership
- Associate membership
- Honorary members
- Special Honorary members
For a new authority, membership costs £540 for the first year. From then on, fees are based on the population of the authority:
- Population under 250,000 - £600 per annum
- Population between 250,000-500,000 - £1200 per annum
- Population over 500,000 - £2040 per annum
Each local authority can nominate up to 5 or 6 named individuals who become ADEPT members.
Local Enterprise Partnership chief executives are eligible for membership at a cost of £210 per annum.
To be eligible as a honorary member, you must be retired from relevant remunerated employment.
In addition, Special Honorary Members who retire from relevant employment within the private sector will be eligible for transfer to the class of Honorary Member.
Honorary membership is FREE.
Special Honorary Members
A special honorary member is someone who was previously a member or honorary member who now works:
- within the private sector, or;
- outside of local government in the public sector
Special honorary is £50 per annum.
How to join
You can the complete online form here.