ADEPT leads as the voice of ‘Place’ Directors in upper tier local authorities across England. Along with directors of Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs), Combined Authorities, Sub-National Transport Bodies and corporate partners drawn from key service sectors ADEPT works to work collaborate effectively to create places that work for all.
ADEPT occupies a privileged position at the crucial interface between local authority, LEPs and central Government.
By joining ADEPT members will be part of a forward-looking, influential organisation with a strong national profile. We are already making an enormous impact.
Every day our members work to build successful local economies and sustainable communities. Through our unique system of technical working groups, subject and sub-national boards, ADEPT provides regular opportunities to contribute to research and development, examine new approaches and develop policy with colleagues from different professional backgrounds.
Priorities for the next 12 months include the Spending Review alongside the legislative changes following the UK’s exit from the EU and implementation of various Government strategies including the Industrial Strategy, Clean Growth Strategy, 25 Year Environment Plan and Resources & Waste Strategy (when published).
If you want to help influence and shape government policy and initiatives then read how to become an ADEPT member.
Where are our members from?
As you can see from the map we have a strong national profile and want to continue growing our membership to increase our influence and to achieve our vision to 2035.
Did you know?
- ADEPT members serve over half the population of the UK (50.03%)
- Serves 60% of the population of England (59.6%) – over 31.6 million people
- 13.3 million – number of households that rely on services provided by ADEPT
- £5.1bn – amount spent by ADEPT members in England protecting and serving our communities – managing highways and providing a range of services including transport, housing, environmental, regulatory, planning, development and culture.
- 140,000 miles – length of England’s road network managed by ADEPT members (74.3%) of England’s total road length
- 16m tonnes of waste – amount ADEPT members collect from households annually
- 7.5m tonnes of waste is recycled by ADEPT members.