ADEPT is the voice of Place Directors in upper tier local authorities across England. Our membership also includes Local Enterprise Partnerships and corporate partners drawn from key service sectors.
Every hour of every day, every week of every year, ADEPT members look after our local communities, economy and environment:
- Serving over half the population of the UK (50.03%) and almost 60% of the population of England (59.6%) – over 31.6 million people.
- Spending more than £5.1bn protecting and serving our communities – managing highways and providing a range of services including transport, housing, environmental, regulatory, planning, development and culture.
- Managing over 140,000 miles of England’s road network – almost three-quarters of England’s total road length (74.3%) – spending over £1.5 billion a year on highways and transport services.
- Collecting over 16 million tonnes of waste from households annually, of which over 7.5 million tonnes is recycled or composted.
As strategists and policy shapers we design services for the future, making the decisions that shape both our economy and environment.
We are in a unique position, operating between national and local government and Local Enterprise Partnerships. ADEPT works closely with Whitehall and Westminster and alongside our many trusted partners across the private and public sectors.
ADEPT is a forward thinking organisation, supporting transformation and innovation. We work closely with corporate partners at all levels to develop the policies and initiatives we take to Government.
With the devolution of powers to local government as well as a changing relationship with the EU, it’s never been more important to have strong partnerships.
We invite you to work with us as members and help shape the future.
Corporate Partner membership benefits
- Networking opportunities with ADEPT and like-minded organisations, regionally and nationally
- Priority invitation to technical workshops, round table discussions and seminars
- Complimentary full two-day residential package for the Autumn Conference (22/23 November 2018) plus further tickets at the ADEPT members discounted rate
- Invitation to attend the Spring Conference
- Two complimentary tickets for the Annual Dinner & Awards Ceremony
- Listing on the ADEPT website with a link to your own corporate site
- Listing as a Corporate Partner in the ADEPT Annual Review
- Use of the ADEPT Corporate Partner logo
- ADEPT membership certificate
- ADEPT monthly newsletter and other publicationsn addition we offer many opportunities for sponsorship and promotion.
“Ringway has found that working on challenging strategic issues with ADEPT helps our organisation be a more effective Local Authority partner. We recently worked with ADEPT on 'Managing Demand' in a controlled way, This helped us appreciate some of the hard decisions that Local Authorities face, but also how such a strategy can actually increase local awareness and participation giving greater community engagement.”
Scott Wardrop, Chief Executive, Ringway Infrastructure Services Ltd
"Our Corporate Partners perform a hugely important role in supporting ADEPT, sharing expertise and helping to foster the partnerships and networks that are at the heart of our activities. By joining ADEPT you will become part of a dynamic, growing organisation and will help strengthen our influence in making the case for place."
Neil Gibson, ADEPT President 2018/19
"Colas welcomes the insight we gain, through our ADEPT membership, of national and local government social value and sustainability issues. Our active participation in discussions and seminars informs us as to how we can best work in collaboration to provide the services required by today’s society. It has given us a unique insight into how ADEPT’s approach can shape the communities we live and work in."
David Craik, Executive Director, Colas
The Corporate Partner Membership fee is £5,000. A flyer summarising the benefits of membership can be downloaded here. To apply, please complete the membership form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.