Membership to ADEPT offers numerous benefits to you and your organisation
- A real opportunity to contribute to government policy, consultations and initiatives.
- Share best practice, experience and technical expertise with colleagues regionally and nationally through working groups and panels.
- Networking opportunities with corporate, public sector and political partners including via the Spring Conference and Annual Awards Dinner (May), the National Traffic Managers Conference (October) and Autumn Conference (November).
- Use of ADEPT's extensive online resources and networks. ADEPT has an exclusive partnership with Proving Services who deliver the Future Highways Research Group, and is delivering Defra's Woodland Creation Accelerator Fund. We are also part of the Blueprint Coalition.
- Research and Development. ADEPT provides opportunities for local authority participation in research and development programmes. The SMART Places Live Labs programme has secured £30m for a UK wide, three year programme on decarbonising local roads.
- Leadership Development. We want to prepare and inspire upcoming Directors to take the next step in developing their careers through our aspiring place directors development programme, delivered in partnership with SOLACE. We also run other L&D courses on issues such as green finance and navigating transition.
- Thought leadership on issues such as climate change and levelling up.
- Vacancy Advertisement. ADEPT members can promote their organisation’s latest vacancies on the ADEPT website as part of their membership package.
Who can join
- Local authority directors with strategic service responsibilities for planning, transportation, environment, waste management, economic development throughout England.
- LEP and Combined Authority chief executives / strategic directors
- Sub-national Transport Body chief executives / strategic directors
- Former local authority directors who have now retired but still want to be involved with ADEPT
- Former ADEPT members who now work within the private sector or outside of local government in the public sector
ADEPT also offers a Corporate Partner Membership option, with more information available here.