Applications are now open to host Public Practice Associates as part of our fifth cohort who will be commencing placements at the end of November 2020. Local authorities and other public organisations across London, the South East and East of England are invited to submit Expressions of Interest.
The deadline for submissions is midday, Monday 20 July. Please book a call to discuss any potential roles so that we can understand your requirements. You can find out more at www.publicpractice.org.uk where you can read Guidance for Authorities, watch a short film about the programme and submit an Expression of Interest.
Early indications suggest even higher levels of interest from potential associates than in any previous cohort. We understand there are many uncertainties for authorities and associated organisations in the coming months but hope that Public Practice Associates can support you to respond to the crisis as well as continue to deliver pre-existing commitments.
To summarise the Public Practice offer to authorities:
- SKILLS: Associates bring a wide range of skills and expertise including planning, surveying, architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, masterplanning, housing delivery, engineering, project management, community engagement, sustainability, economic development, public health, transport and infrastructure planning.
- EXPERIENCE: Associates range in experience from early career officers to senior directors, and have worked across scales from urban infill sites to strategic urban extensions. They have worked at all stages of the planning process, from policy to design to delivery.
- FUNDING: Posts are typically funded through uplift in planning fees, other planning related fees or funds from central or local government for specific parts of the built environment such as high streets or heritage. As funding streams change in response to COVID-19 it may be that new posts are funded from unfilled vacancies or reprofiling of organisational structures.
- PLACEMENTS: We are open to placing more than one Associate in an authority and encourage Expressions of Interest from different departments, particularly where these can support joined-up, collaborative working.
- TIME FRAMES: We are now offering 12-month or longer placements, secondments, or recruitment to permanent positions.